Embark on a voyage aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and become part of its glorious, ever-changing history. You need only glimpse its gleaming carriages and be greeted by the steward in his distinctive uniform to know that the most memorable journey of your life has begun.
The Classic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express Journey
Leave London Victoria station mid-morning for your luxurious overnight journey to Venice, where you arrive late afternoon the next day.
- Board the British Pullman train at London Victoria station, your steward will show you to your reserved seat.
- Sit back and enjoy brunch served with a Bellini as you travel through the Kent countryside.
- After crossing the Channel board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
- Enjoy a delicious four-course dinner, prepared by skilled French chefs.
- After dinner retire to your cabin, which has now been transformed into a cosy bedroom.
- Wake up to the magnificent scenery of the Swiss Alps as breakfast is served in your cabin at a time to suit you.
- Spend the morning relaxing in your cabin or in the Bar Car chatting to fellow guests.
- Enjoy a leisurely three-course lunch which is served in another one of the beautiful restaurant cars.
- While away the afternoon admiring the passing scenery as the train travels through the Italian Dolomites.
- Later, afternoon tea is served in your cabin.
- All too soon it is time to prepare to disembark as the train crosses the Venetian Lagoon and pulls into Santa Lucia station.
Days 3 & 4
Spend time exploring; Venice is quite simply unique. The vista of canals with their candy striped boat moorings, ornate architecture, perfectly arched bridges and gondoliers in traditional straw boaters are picture perfect.
Escape from the hustle and bustle of the main areas of interest and wander aimlessly through the maze of tiny alleys, you will always come across some hidden gem.
Another option would be take the No.12 vaporetto to Burano, a neighbouring island with brightly coloured homes lining the quiet canals traditionally housing fishermen and lace makers, a delightful step back in time and a perfect complement to the wealth of art galleries, museums and the accomplished architectural elegance of Venice itself.
Bid farewell to Venice as you transfer back to the airport for your chosen UK destination.
To find out more about taking a trip on the Venice Simplon Orient Express or to get a tailor-made quote give us a call on 0131 243 8098 or request one online.